The JRS Europe Regional Finance & Administration Officer assists the Regional Director and the Regional Office team in proposing and implementing regional financial strategies. The Finance & Administrative Officer will have specific responsibilities regarding JRS Europe’s common project finances monitoring, closure and auditing of projects. S/he comes with sound analytical skills and a creative mindset and is in tune with JRS mission and way of working. The Officer is able to engage with fellow team members in the Regional Office as well as JRS national offices’ teams in working towards a common vision. S/he comes with good networking skills and is available to travel to JRS national offices to assist them.
The Finance & Administration Officer reports to the Regional Director and will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Responsible for the financial and analytical accounting systems of the Regional Office. Jesuit Refugee Service Europe Regional Office Chaussée de Wavre 205 1050 Brussels, Belgium 2/3
• Responsible for the preparation of budgets, the annual closing of accounts, and regular financial reports.
• Accounting and monitoring of JRS Europe common projects in close cooperation with JRS country offices and other partners involved.
• Issue timely financial reports to funding agencies according to agreements and contracts.
• Evaluate the implementation of JRS regional office financial policies and procedures(including procurements) and recommend improvements.
• Assist JRS country officesto ensure that finance and accountant officers are properly recruited and receive adequate training.
• Responsible for all administrative procedures required by Belgium law, including the General Assembly and meetings of the Board of Directors, the official publications in the Moniteur Belge and BNB.
• Responsible for Human Resources in collaboration with the JRS social secretariat, including payroll and contracts for staff, holidays, insurances, volunteers and interns.
• Administrative and financial support for the ongoing activities of the Regional Office (suppliers, travels, meetings)
• Keeping of documents (contracts, MoUs, correspondence) in compliance with GDPR.
Qualifications and Experience
• Permission to work in Belgium. JRS Europe is not in a position to obtain a work permit for any applicant.
• University studies in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent.
• Proven experience and substantive understanding of NGO budgeting, accounting and reporting.
• Proficiency and competences in handling finance and communications software.
• Proven experience managing public grants, with a special focus on EU funded grants
• Knowledge of and ability to work with donor management systems and in compliance with data protection legislation.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• A positive, constructive attitude to meeting challenges, solving problems and identifying opportunities.
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously in a busy office environment and to meet deadlines.
• Availability to travel to country offices in Europe.
Core Values and Ethics:
• Enthusiasm for the mission of JRS and willingness to advocate based on the JRS mission and vision.
• High integrity and honesty.
• Field experience in working with refugees, migrants or vulnerable social groups is highly valued.
• Previous professional experience with faith-based organization is an asset.
• Ability to speak and write fluently and compellingly in English and French.
• Working knowledge of additional European languages.
Terms of appointment
• This is a full-time position (38 hours per week).
• We offer a 12-months contract, to be possibly transformed into a contract of undetermined duration.
• The desired starting date is in January 2019.
• The salary offered for this position is between € 2 600 and € 2 850 gross full time per month, according to experience and skills. All conditions and additional benefits are according to Belgian legislation.
How to Apply
Candidates should send CV and cover letter written in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Finance Officer Job Opening including your first and last name. The deadline for the receipt of applications is 17:00 CET, November 13th , 2018.