Information volunteer Startpunt: Somali, Pashtu, Tigrinya, Dari, Farsi
The Startpunt team of Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen informs asylum seekers on the day that they register themselves in Belgium. Every morning a crew of the Startpunt team is present at the arrival centre, Klein Kasteeltje, in Brussels. They give the asylum seekers information about the asylum procure in Belgium and the rights that they have.
We are looking for volunteers who speak one of the languages mentioned above -and preferably also English – to join our team.
- You give basic information about the asylum procedure to the asylum seekers.
- You refer asylum seekers to other services in Brussels
- You speak Somali, Pashtu, Tigrinya, Dari, Farsi or Arabic, together with English
- You are able to communicate in a clear and simple way
- You are eager to learn
- You are an empathic person and a good listener
- You are a team player
You are available one or several weekdays in the morning from 8.00 until 9.30.
Klein Kasteeltje, Passendalestraat 2 in 1000 Brussels (1.5 km from the North Station)
- Volunteer work with social relevance in an interesting work environment
- Training (bacis training about the asylum procedure and asylum seekers’ rights, trainings on specific topics)
- Insurance for volunteers
- Reimbursement of public transport or a volunteer fee of 15€/morning.
Applications and questions can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen advocates for people that are fleeing war, violence and persecution. We don’t do this alone, we work together with around 30 member organisations and motivated volunteers. Together, we increase pressure on the policy and we inform the general public. We work on integration of refugees and we support everyone hoe supports asylum seekers and refugees.